Here are a few things to resolve for 2014:
• If someone says “But, in a PPM World…”, mock them.
• Do the opposite. If everyone is doing something…DON’T DO IT!!!
• Don’t kill any listeners.
• Don’t call me after 10 pm.
• Try at least once a week to help someone get a job.
• If there’s anything that you’ve done more than two years in a row, add, tweak or update it
so you don’t get caught in a rut.
• Learn to use your corporate attorney. Think ahead and give them the impression that you
actually thought out potential risks before submitting.
• Go to work each day knowing that you have a job the 99.9999999% of your listeners
would sacrifice a ‘nad to have.
• No one ever keeps a gig by pissing off the Sales people. Learn to work together with
them and amazing things will happen.
• Conversely, there has really never been a client request that could be done “as
submitted”. Have the audacity to rework these things so that they work for the station
AND the advertiser.
• Strive to get at least ten listener complaints next year. Great stations always tick off a
couple of people. Why? Because they take risks.
• Go to your social media and reply to people’s questions. Facebook is not there solely for
the purpose of spamming the audience. It’s there to connect with them.
• Shake hands with 25% of the people in the market in 2014.
• Don’t wait for charities to bring you opportunities; look for them. The best charity “stuff”
ever, came from stations seizing local stories that everyone else missed.
• Don’t forget the Teens. If we don’t court them now, there won’t be any 18-34’s in a
couple of years.
• Remember that law enforcement monitors Craigslist like a muther…so watch out.
• Telling an intern “Haba haba ding ding, baby you gots everything” is now considered an
HR offense so use semantics.
And now, back to the stupidity.
before I felt like I had ants crawling all over me. DAMN my